Troubleshooting - HAR Files
When troubleshooting complex issues, it is sometimes necessary for our Support Specialists to obtain additional information about the network requests that are generated in your browser while an issue occurs. A Support Specialist may request that while that issue is occurring you record a HAR file which is a log of network requests. They'll use the HAR file for further analysis.
To Generate the HAR File in Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
From the Chrome menu bar select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- From the panel that opens at the bottom of your screen, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round Record button ( ) in the upper left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box next to Preserve log
- Click the Clear button ( ) to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Now try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, right-click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content, and save the file to your computer.
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that we may analyze it.
Screen capture of Generating a HAR File:
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?