The Flexitive Page API feature is turned off by default and available to users under a Flexitive Enterprise plan. Reach out to your account manager or email@example.com if you'd like to enable the Page API on your Flexitive site. When working with the Page API, we recommend working with a developer.
The Page API uses a placeholder custom element that you adapt into, that you will need to export your design as a ZIP file.
- Control of page load
- Creation of custom elements, such as
- Custom feeds
- Reacting to Page events
- Connecting dynamic elements to external data sources
To use the Page API, use the Custom Element option in the Widgets Panel under the Other section. This element serves as a "placeholder" for where you will place your custom element after you publish the design.
The custom element will be automatically named CUSTOM0 when it is placed on the canvas, but you can change this identifier if you'd like by scrolling to the bottom of the Customize panel with the custom element selected and adjusting the Name field. This will label your Custom element so that you can find it in the HTML after you export. Knowing the name of each custom element in your design is very important for implementing the Page API later on, so make sure that this is well documented.
If you change the name, click in the Customize panel to save the change.
- Extract the files for your project.
- Open the index.html file in a text editor. Scroll to the bottom of the file to the Page API section. It will be labelled as Flexitive Page API v1.
- Save your file and close the text editor. Re-zip your design with the index file and all image assets. Your file is now ready to be uploaded to your ad server.
The Page API feature is always evolving to meet your needs, so if you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to a member of the Flexitive Support team, either via the support widget or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.